TUYAUX = Tips For ORAL BTS by a teacher ! enjoy it

BetchaTicheuh

:dacc: :aplause: :arrow2: :knuppel: :pascompris;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Hello students,
I'm a Newbie here but a BTS (HND in English) English Teacher as well.
I work in 77. Val de Marne.

The Exam for my NRC BTS students was mostly the following :

1ère épreuve = document écrit ( durée 20 mins)

2ème  épr = Négo de vte ( durée 10 mins)
ou Job Interview

Tips : Pour le doc écrit  bien respecter la methodo : Intro (where when what) ;
Where does the doc come from? ;When was it written? ; What is it about?

Structure ; devpt et conclusion + branching out (élargissement)

Sans oublier les " linking words" non pas linking parks...LOL
eg: First of all ; above all ; firstly ; secondly ; eventually ; moreover ; furthermore ; all the more ; nevertheless, what is more ; as far as I am concerned ; In a nutshell ; in brief ; in short ; That's all I've got to say regarding..x ......etc...

Pour le Sales Pitch (négo vte)  : idem Intro = welcome + discovery ; Client's needs , the product , the negotiation & clinching the deal (concl).

Pour le Job Interview : 1. Bien lire l'annonce (Job AD)
2. Se positionner comme Diplômé du BTS (HND Degree) + Work Experience dans le Secteur recherché ( I worked in the field of ... for 1 or 2 years as .....(Sales Rep) etc....
3. Utiliser le lexique de l'annonce ( A-level = BAC), Degree = diplôme;  Day-Release Vocational Training = Formation professionnelle en Alternance ;  Work Placement = Stage en entreprise ; Available = disponible ; Professional assignments = actions professionnelles etc....

Here U R boy & good luck to You......
A Well-meaning English Teacher willing to help anybody in NEED
Do your best that's all
BetchaTicheu 
J.M

BetchaTicheuh
P'tit nouveau

oral anglais bts nrc
« Répondre #3 le: Aujourd'hui à 18:42:02 »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Good afternoon / Good morning sir ou Madam ( c le plus simple) / (jamais Mister ou Mrs because you don't know his or her name). Mr Brian ou Mrs Brian = ok (especially if he's in the Kitchen...LOL see Gad) 

May I sit down ( si t encore debout ...of course)

Here is my Notification letter (Convocation)
2. Internship = stage en entreprise (si t en initial càd stage à la fin du cursus)
Sandwich course ou Day Release....(see former msg) si t en alternance.
On n'en parle qu'à la fin si besoin est càd (if we decide it's worth it or not).
Mais il faut l'avoir appris by heart of course...we never know...

eg: I did my work placement as (Management Assistant, Customer relationship & negotiation Assistant, ......) with the firm  xx from... to..... .

I was a ( Sales Rep, Accountant Assistant, ....) & in charge of

My daily tasks were the following : filing, in-coming & out-going alls, drawing up estimates, quoting, writing up memos, minutes of meetings, calling up clients , reminders, following up letters, managing the time-tables & /or schedules; appointments, placing orders with suppliers etc.....

It was very enriching because I was polyvalent & I had the opportunity to discover the world of work with its pros & cons.

I would / wouldn't like to continue in the same field because ....??
If I was given the opportunity to continue in the same firm I would(n't) take on the challenge because .....

Bon voilà that's all for now.....PASS IT ON TO YOUR FRIENDS......

We (the teachers) are here to help u give your best.....If you are worth it ...comme dit la pub...LOL
The Betchaticheu

BetchaTicheuh

INTRO :The press cutting I've just read was published in ....(daily newspaper; weekly magazine...) ; on + date ( 1st, 2nd,3rd) + month ( June) + year (2006).

It is entitled "......................" and (reports on ; deals with ; highlights ; focusses on ; relates...) (the topical issue of ; major concern).........and its (consequences on ; advantages and drawbacks ; impacts on...).

STRUCTURE : The document falls into ...xxx parts which are the following : or
I have divided the document into .....xxx parts. or
I have outlined (highlighted) ....XXX parts namely :
firstly.....secondly......thi rdly....and eventually (finally)

DEVPT. : Coming back to the first part....
The author/writer points out ..........shows......
describes.......wants to stress the importance of......
advantages & drawbacks
pros & cons
cause & consequence
....In addition/ Moreover/furthermore
.............What is more................besides.. .............As a result.....
Nevertheless...........Howeve r..........It goes without saying that........etc....

Branching out :As far as I am concerned........i feel that.......

....all the more......

Conclusion :To put it in a nutshell / In brief/ In short/ To sum up..........

nhf247

BetchaTicheuh link=topic=57575.msg599449#msg599449 date=1179611190 a dit:
INTRO :The press cutting I've just read was published in ....(daily newspaper; weekly magazine...) ; on + date ( 1st, 2nd,3rd) + month ( June) + year (2006).

It is entitled "......................" and (reports on ; deals with ; highlights ; focusses on ; relates...)  (the topical issue of ; major concern).........and its (consequences on ; advantages and drawbacks ; impacts on...).

STRUCTURE : The document falls into ...xxx parts which are the following : or
I have divided the document into .....xxx parts. or
I have outlined (highlighted) ....XXX parts namely :
firstly.....secondly......thi rdly....and eventually (finally)

DEVPT. : Coming back to the first part....
The author/writer points out ..........shows......
describes.......wants to stress the importance of......
advantages & drawbacks
pros & cons
cause & consequence
....In addition/ Moreover/furthermore
.............What is more................besides.. .............As a result.....
Nevertheless...........Howeve r..........It goes without saying that........etc....

Branching out :As far as I am concerned........i feel that.......

....all the more......

Conclusion :To put it in a nutshell / In brief/ In short/ To sum up..........

[/quote
thank you very much Madam it's very kind from you. I m student in NRC and i find it very difficult to sell something in english though my teacher tells me that i have a pretty good level in this language. I hope i ll get a good mark in english because it s the only subject which is likely to allow me being successful fotr this degree. It is really pleasant for me chating in english

nhf247

thank you very much Madam (or Sir maybe) it's very kind from you. I m student in NRC and i find it very difficult to sell something in english though my teacher tells me  that i have a pretty good level in this language. I hope i ll get a good mark in english because it s the only subject which is likely to allow me being successful fotr this degree. It is really pleasant for me chating in english