Let's speak english together !

• Auteur de la discussion Nessscafe
  • Date de début

ludacris

why everyone dream about Australia ?  :chessy: lol, i think that's great for vacation but not the best place to stay, for the best stil ths USA so i can give you a lot of informations about USA (cheap places to live, how to work there ? ...)  just mail me
anyway to stay in a foreing "english" country is always a good deal to become a fluent talker

bye and good luck  :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

N

Nessscafe

okay. Usa could be great, i know.
Why do i dream about Australia ? Because it's far... i'd like to move on far from my family, far from my friends. i'd like to be this kind of person who can suddenly disappear, change their life... if i was as strong, i think i could live only with one bag and travel all accross the world. and a day, maybe at 86, i'll say "okay, that's enough, i can die now"...

dreaminnnnnng.... :chessy:

N

Nessscafe

up everybody, this topic is dying, isn't it ?

bad new, i could finally not go to New York on March, i'm very disappointed. The reason is my colleague. She took an appointment with doctors just the week where i plan to go !!!

but i understand, because it's very important, so i won't get mad :chessy:

an other bad new : australia is too expensive, oh godness !!!! on the net, i pick up some prices (flights + hotel)... the cheaper price was around 2,000 euros !!!! that's crazy, isn't it ????? :chessy:

then in order to comfort me, i decide to go back to London (my lovely town :wub) and i keep New York for August (i know, it'll be more expensive... but less than australia, i'm sure !).

2006 will be MY year !!! :chessy:

N

Nessscafe

hi,

i'm saving money in order to stay 15 days on August... (not enough !!!).
have you ever been there ?

stephanie21

I haven't but I would like to !!! how much do you think you need to stay a fortnight in NY ? Have you ever been to US ? Why do you want to go there ?

N

Nessscafe

well i've never been to US, that one of the reason why i wanna go there. the other reason is : a lot of people told me NY was a greater place than London... I need to see that !!!!

After NY, the second american town i'd like to see is San Francisco, 'cause one of my friends has been there twice, i saw the photos and it seems wonderful.

For the price, i sometimes look on sncf-voyages website. For the flight and the hotel, 1000 euros is well enough if you stay 15 days...

stephanie21

oh really, only 1000¤ ?? I think it is a good price, isn't it ?
I would like to go there too, one of my colleague has been to NY last week, between Xmas and New year and she told me it was wonderful... Could you imagine how beautiful must be new york at Xmas time ???
One of my friend has been to san Fransisco too and he also told me that it was a wonderful town. I would like to go to California too !!!

And so, you said you like London ?? have you visit a lot there ? What did you like must ? Concerning me, I really enjoy people there, I think they are very friendly and funny !!

N

Nessscafe

if you book a place for NY by sncfvoyage.com a long time before the departure, the prices are cheaper...

i love London (i only went there 3 times, too short). I discover England when i was 15, since i never forgot this country and these towns : southampton, bath and of course LONDON.
what i like there, that's people and their mind. last time i went there, in June, i really felt at my place, it was like i always lived their ! wonderful and amazing feeling ! nobody looks at you badly, you can be dress as you want, at every hours of the day as the night, there's people in the street. They talk to you as they always know you...
for example, a night i was spending in Leicester, my french friends and i saw a girl with a very very very tiny skirt, crossing the street bare foot. nobody but us was looking at her.
Strange moment !

i especially remember the last night i spent there. you know, i met some people and we stayed at the hotel's pub until 4 or 5 o'clock of the morning. noone of us spoke the same language, they were spanish, bresilian, irish, greek and french... so, we all spoke in english, it was so funny !!!

i remember London as a great and funny place, where you can meet nice people !

i forgot to say, my brother went to new york on september, for a week. he really appreciated this place. but he never went to London, consequently he couldn't compare...

stephanie21

I have been to London several times too, but I must confess that I have to get use of it as I first hated this town, it was all grey, it was raining... nothing really like a paradise !!! but, once I was in the Kent for one month and I have been only one day in London, but all alone... It was sunny and I must say wonderful !! I took a special bus in order to do a whole turn of the town and I really enjoy myself !!! I then return to London several time but never long, and I learn to like it... When I was alone, people come to me and speak to me. They are always so proud to speak about their town, their country. Moreover, I think they really like to speak with French people !! And, I visit museums, for free, so good !!! The night is very different from france. As you said, always lots of people in the streets, wearing strange clothes but no-one to laught at (except tourists... :embarassed:!!!) and in the pub, it is so funny, so friendly !!!!
I won't say that London is my favourite place, but I don't know why!!!, but it is an amazing place !!!!!

N

Nessscafe

i agree, if you're searching a sunny place, London is not the right place to be lol ! :laugh:

stephanie21

not really yes !!!
But I have been to Hong Kong (for my BTS), and I am sure you would like it because it is still very british, lots of English people live there but you have the sun !!!! If you go out at night, you will meet more English people than Asian ones !It is surprising first !!! You should try one day if you can !!

N

Nessscafe

noticed, but Asia doesn't attract me a lot.

First i want to know Us and australia, then, Europe... :wink2:

BIJOUX

stephanie21 link=topic=168.msg99042#msg99042 date=1136380537 a dit:
not really yes !!!
But I have been to Hong Kong (for my BTS), and I am sure you would like it because it is still very british, lots of English people live there but you have the sun !!!! If you go out at night, you will meet more English people than Asian ones !It is surprising first !!! You should try one day if you can !!
:cry:

Hello, stephanie, You can speak english so easy, isn'it ??? I must to write and to speak english to find a position as n sales assistant, you know, a lot of temporary ask for to be bilingual, but it's very hard , really
:tickedoff:

stephanie21

BIJOUX link=topic=168.msg99135#msg99135 date=1136386285 a dit:

Hello, stephanie, You can speak english so easy, isn'it ??? I must to write and to speak english to find a position as n sales assistant, you know, a lot of temporary ask for to be bilingual, but it's very hard , really
I think the best way to learn English (or any other language )is to go in a English speaken country !!!
good luck !!

N

Nessscafe

BIJOUX link=topic=168.msg99135#msg99135 date=1136386285 a dit:

Hello, stephanie, You can speak english so easy, isn'it ??? I must to write and to speak english in order to find a position as sales assistant, you know, a lot of temporary ask(? you mean "temping" ?) for in order to be bilingual, but it's very hard , really

excuse me, you made some mistakes...  :wink2:

stephanie21 link=topic=168.msg99138#msg99138 date=1136386497 a dit:
I think the best way to learn English (or any other language )is to go in a English spoken country !!!
good luck !!

+1

stephanie21

Thanks Nessscafé for "erasing" my mistakes !!!! this is also a very good way to learn : someone to help you seeing your own mistake !!!

stephanie21

I have just erased on "post" I have prepared !! I have to write it all again !! :cry:
I just wanted to say that i understant that you were not attracted by Asia : I wasn't at all before I have been there !!! But if one day you have the opportunity to go there, just go !!!!! I promise you will love it !!!!
My dream is also to travel to Australia since I know what travelling is !!!!! But indeed, I want to go everythere but in just one life it will be hard !!! To my mind, travelling is the best way to become really open minded, to learn how we really are... There are so many things to discover even like you said, Nessscafé, in Europe !!!!

tichteaser

Hello everyone,

There is only one way to be very fluent in english:

You have to study thoroughly and practice again and again ... You should already be aware about the following point, but to all of you the best advice I could give is to think in english at the first place rather than translate straight from french.

I am an english teacher...Then do not hesitate to ask for help in case of needs.

Good luck for the bts it is not very difficult... Trust me ... perhaps among you some are my students.

:wink2: