discussion : l'apparence est important pour convincre son futur empoyeur

kinou

j'ai un sujet a taiter "during a job interviw, aparence is the essential factor which ay convince a futur employer" Do you agree with this statement? Develop your point of view taking examples from your own expériencs. (250 mots)...

Merci de me donner un petit coup de main car je sais vraiment pas de quoi parler maerci......
:cry:

lesfleursdumal

Salut,

J'ai fait un texte sur le même thème en magneto, si tu veux je peux donner quelques idées (mais j'en ai pas assez pour faire 250 mots)

L anglaise

Being English myself, my opinion is sure to be different from your own, but it might give you some ideas.

I don't agree that appearance is the essential factor, it is just one factor amongst many, such as body language, communications skills. The most important factor in getting a job is your apptitude to do the work. From experience, the job interview is largely to see whether the interviewer thinks you will 'fit in' the working environment.

Your appearance at a job interview sends a message about yourself and how you view the job. Obviously, if you don't make any effort to dress correctly for the interview, the potential employer knows that you aren't very motivated, so you are unlikely to get the job. In the other extreme, I've known someone turn up for an interview in a posh car, and nearly lost the job before the interview, because 'someone who drives a car like that will want more money than we can pay him'.

Another aspect to bear in mind is that in Britain and the States the 'dress-down' culture has become more and more prevalent in recent years. What started as 'dress down on fridays', when employees could leave the suit and home and go to work in jeans and a T-shirt, has extended to everyday, depending on the sector and individual companies. For example, most computer companies have a very easy dress-code.

In summary, appearance is just one of many factors taken in to account at a job interview. It is an important part of the 'first impression', together with self-confidence, communications, and body language, and in the short time-span of an interview, the first impression counts for a lot. However, in the all-out battle to get a job, appearance is a weapon to be used.

steffy

I'm totaly agree with l'anglaise !!

En France on juge beaucoup sur le physique (vêtements, mise en place du corps et des mains durant l'entretien) et sur le diplôme,alors que dans les pays anglo-saxons, on ne tient compte que des performances professionnelles de l'individu, et franchement, moi, je trouve ça plus sain !

kinou

Merci c'est gentil de m'avoir aider...

Fleur du mal du peut me dire ce que tu avais mis dans ta discussion.

Merci

lesfleursdumal

kinou link=topic=5494.msg51927#msg51927 date=1130316858 a dit:
Fleur du mal du peut me dire ce que tu avais mis dans ta discussion.

Merci

The gist of this article is the appearance how you look is probably very important because usually people judge you to the first impression.
The way people speak, look, dress and use body langage is very important at work.
Women at work who make up are usually paid 20% more and are promoted more often.
It's light weight but it's true : people actually judge appearance.
Your appearance is more important that the contant of what you say.
So, people should be aware that this is the most important factor success.
For example, while a job interview, the first impression is crusial.

Voilà, j'espère que ça pourra t'aider par contre attention aux fautes!!!!! :embarassed:

L anglaise

Steffy

"Welcome to the real world; it sucks, ......."

Do you really understand what this phrase means? I find it so disgusting, I'm not going to repeat it.

Be careful quoting phrases if you don't know EXACTLY what they mean.

L'anglaise

steffy

L anglaise link=topic=5494.msg56307#msg56307 date=1130934711 a dit:
Steffy

"Welcome to the real world; it sucks, ......."

Do you really understand what this phrase means?  I find it so disgusting, I'm not going to repeat it.

Be careful quoting phrases if you don't know EXACTLY what they mean.

L'anglaise

I know EXACTLY what it means, it's american slang. Do you know american slang ?
De plus c'est une réplique de Monica dans FRIENDS, et ce n'est pas le genre de série où l'on entend des dialogues particulièrement "disgusting", isn't it ?!

L anglaise

Steffy

What is acceptable as a joke between friends isn't always appropriate in other circumstances.

I am english, and I find american slang very offensive on occasions.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, but, personally, I find that phrase objectionable.

L'anglaise

steffy

Ne t'inquiète pas, L anglaise, je ne me sens pas offensée.
Pour moi, cela reste une joke, d'ailleurs elle est entre guillemets.
:cool:

Auteur Ca peut vous intéresser Forum Réponses Date
BTS - Anglais 9

Ca peut vous intéresser