Let's speak english together !

• Auteur de la discussion Nessscafe
  • Date de début

RV

kathounette link=topic=168.msg715376#msg715376 date=1189435040 a dit:
I know that I can't be too demanding in term of salary but actually I just earn 355 euros and I worked during 9-10 hours by day (so between 45 and 50 hours by week).

Consequently, I hope to have a salary a little bit higher. I have to discuss about that with my boss before the end of the week.
Indeed, I found another job, it's not in the same field but it's really well-paid (800 euros) and the working hours are from 8.00 to 13.35...

But I don't know what I should do because my job gives me some experience in a field I really enjoy.

Furthermore, I did a work placement in Ipswich (in the Suffolk) last year and I know that the life is very expensive in England :wink2: but it was a very interesting stay and I met very nice people there.
Ispwich ain't very far from London. Many people work in the City the day and go home from Liverpool Street the night just to avoid the living cost of London. Do you plan to come in London. Me I'm planning to live the UK. It's a shit country I hate Britain. It is cold, full of crime and a dumping ground for litter. I think about moving in the US as soon as I get graduated. I could have undertaken my studies in France cos I speak good French but studies are very hard. So I decided to stay in the UK.

kathounette

RV link=topic=168.msg715381#msg715381 date=1189435858 a dit:
Ispwich ain't very far from London. Many people work in the City the day and go home from Liverpool Street the night just to avoid the living cost of London. Do you plan to come in London. Me I'm planning to live the UK. It's a shit country I hate Britain. It is cold, full of crime and a dumping ground for litter. I think about moving in the US as soon as I get graduated. I could have undertaken my studies in France cos I speak good French but studies are very hard. So I decided to stay in the UK.

During my work placement I just went in London one day, because I have not a lot of money, I didn't be paid during the placement :cry:
London seems to be a very beautiful place, perhaps not to live there because it's very expensive but at least I want to visit the town.

I want to go to work in England or in Ireland in 1 or 2 years (when we will leave Yemen) but my boyfriend doesn't like England, he prefers to go to the USA... So I don't know what we will do and where we will go...

What do you study? I think if you speak good French you could go to France because it's not so hard if you really want to succeed, the proof is that I passed my exam :wink2:

RV

kathounette link=topic=168.msg715399#msg715399 date=1189437249 a dit:
During my work placement I just went in London one day, because I have not a lot of money, I didn't be paid during the placement  :cry:
London seems to be a very beautiful place, perhaps not to live there because it's very expensive but at least I want to visit the town.

I want to go to work in England or in Ireland in 1 or 2 years (when we will leave Yemen) but my boyfriend doesn't like England, he prefers to go to the USA... So I don't know what we will do and where we will go...

What do you study? I think if you speak good French you could go to France because it's not so hard if you really want to succeed, the proof is that I passed my exam  :wink2:
The thing is, a british passport opens a lot of doors with working holiday agreements with many Commonwealth countries. My sista applied for it before going america. Dunno about french passport. It seems you need to get a job first. Am I right?

I only did high school in france, I hold a BAC STT Compta Gestion. I came back in the uk. Last year I was doing a BA Accounting and Spanish cos Accounting and Finance are the area which offers worldwide opportunities. But I'm not ready to have the same daily grind. Now I went through my second year but I turned my studies on a Major/Minor scheme. Major Spanish and Minor Accounting. I plan to teach French as secondary teacher.

kathounette

RV link=topic=168.msg715437#msg715437 date=1189438699 a dit:
The thing is, a british passport opens a lot of doors with working holiday agreements with many Commonwealth countries. My sista applied for it before going america. Dunno about french passport. It seems you need to get a job first. Am I right?

I only did high school in france, I hold a BAC STT Compta Gestion. I came back in the uk. Last year I was doing a BA Accounting and Spanish cos Accounting and Finance are the area which offers worldwide opportunities. But I'm not ready to have the same daily grind. Now I went through my second year but I turned my studies on a Major/Minor scheme. Major Spanish and Minor Accounting. I plan to teach French as secondary teacher.

When I arrived in Yemen I asked for a working visa because I found a job here but if people have no work it's possible to ask for a tourist visa.

I am sorry but I finished my working day so I will come back home :wink2:

See you later. Have a nice evening

Wizard

Nessscafe link=topic=168.msg714035#msg714035 date=1189319103 a dit:
i'm fiiiiiiiiiine! I'm still in australia, since 9 months and a half now. I'm working in Perth (West Coast) and thinking about going up north, to Darwin, to catch up with a very good english friend I met, like, 5 months ago or something  :happy:

Ah! I thought you were back. I visited your site. You seem to be having a great time there. Lucky you! As for me, I am a writer now, I have already published one bestseller. It's called P81A1 :biggrin:

RV

Wizard link=topic=168.msg716214#msg716214 date=1189520424 a dit:
Ah! I thought you were back. I visited your site. You seem to be having a great time there. Lucky you! As for me, I am a writer now, I have already published one bestseller. It's called P81A1  :biggrin:
Is your book published in the UK. I'm trying to be in creating writing as well but it's challenging.

Wizard

Aaaah... When I say I am a writer I am joking. I am only writing a course for the Cned, the "title" is in fact the name of the class (Bacs Pros). That's why I said it was boring!

RV

Wizard link=topic=168.msg716257#msg716257 date=1189523262 a dit:
Aaaah... When I say I am a writer I am joking. I am only writing a course for the Cned, the "title" is in fact the name of the class (Bacs Pros). That's why I said it was boring!
You are fake dude. :mad:. I bought what you said. "Bacs pros" :blink: Never mind. Is english your first language?

N

Nessscafe

lol wizard, that was a good one !

for my own, i'm still writing but i still don't have the guts to try to be published... It's not really... well, it's good enough for me, but i never let someone read it, or only some piece of it. so i don't really know if it's good lol.

RV

Nessscafe link=topic=168.msg716267#msg716267 date=1189523995 a dit:

ON my own, i'm still writing but i still don't have the guts to try to be published... It's not really... well, it's good enough for me, but i never let someone read it, or only some piece of it. so i don't really know if it's good lol.
Come on, take the plunge. Give us some samples.

N

Nessscafe

have a closer look if you really want to see.

are you sure for the "on"? I always say "for", it doesn't seem to suprise people i am talking with :unsure: erfff

Wizard

RV link=topic=168.msg716261#msg716261 date=1189523452 a dit:
You are fake dude.

I didn't know this expression, but as the word you used is applied to men, I prefer telling you that in fact I am a woman.
And no, English isn't my first language at all, I learnt at school and then I became a teacher by mistake because I had the very bad notion of trying to sit for the CAPES while I was studying for my maîtrise and unfortunattely I passed, so I landed in Rouen and I didn't like it because I don't like teenagers mostly  :tickedoff:, but then it was too late !  :wacko:

Wizard

Nessscafe link=topic=168.msg716297#msg716297 date=1189525816 a dit:
have a closer look if you really want to see.

are you sure for the "on"? I always say "for", it doesn't seem to suprise people i am talking with  :unsure: erfff

I'd rather say "as for me" and "on my own", but "on my own" means "tout(e) seul(e)" and not "quant à moi"... and yes, it's definitely "on".

Wizard

Nessscafe link=topic=168.msg716267#msg716267 date=1189523995 a dit:

for my own, i'm still writing but i still don't have the guts to try to be published... It's not really... well, it's good enough for me, but i never let someone read it, or only some piece of it. so i don't really know if it's good lol.

oh, come on! RV is right ! I know that you have a talent which is not latent :smile:

N

Nessscafe

okay, so that's "on" :happy:

Wizard link=topic=168.msg716303#msg716303 date=1189526153 a dit:
oh, come on! RV is right ! I know that you have a talent which is not latent  :smile:

please, change of topic. i was just bouncing on what you said. :blush:

melkou

Wizard link=topic=168.msg716298#msg716298 date=1189525933 a dit:
I didn't know this expression, but as the word you used is applied to men, I prefer telling you that in fact I am a woman.
And no, English isn't my first language at all, I learnt at school and then I became a teacher by mistake because I had the very bad notion of trying to sit for the CAPES while I was studying for my maîtrise and unfortunattely I passed, so I landed in Rouen and I didn't like it because I don't like teenagers mostly  :tickedoff:, but then it was too late !  :wacko:
IS it ironic? If you don't like being a teacher and if you don't like teenagers why are you still teaching? I would have loved to be a teacher, English teacher, because when was at school i was fascinated by those lessons but when i remind what the others said about the teacher and his "fucking useless lessons" i quote, I immediately changed my mind.

sarah75

I also wanted to be an English teacher because I love teaching English lessons to pupils who are not very good in it...but sometimes it's very difficult because they are not very motivated to learn this beautiful language...

RV

Wizard link=topic=168.msg716298#msg716298 date=1189525933 a dit:
By mistake? You are not going to feed me this. In a first place, I think you really wanted to be teacher. I read some testimonies from othet teacher like you whose their experience was shit. Teaching wracked their body and their emotions.  They came home every night completely drained, angry, bitter, and afraid. They lost their happiness. Is that what happened to you. Honestly I like languages and I don't see myself having an office job. I love so much about teaching. Teenagers, at their best, are wonderful. They are sweet. They keep me on my toes. They are capable of offhand kindnesses that I'll remember for months. They are fun to work with. The job really does energize me in the moment. AT THEIR BEST of course. But I know that sometimes it's challenging. So you are still in teaching but u don't like it. Am I right? So do you plan to do something else?

I think I know why you're still teaching. I'm part time assistant so dunno yet everything about the job. According to my head teacher February is the fucking doldrums. So is March. I witnessed it. Pupils behave like shit. I felt this way last year, and I bounced back and enjoyed the beginning of this new year. I can do the same next year. It is an endless cycle. So I can understand you. You become somebody you are not, you perform for these kids and convince them that you are worth listening to, keep your credibility every moment or it all falls apart, and then again and again and again. It's quite challenging yes. But honeslty, I prefer this kind of job. Cos every day is a new day. I think you just ended up in a bad school. It's shame.